“The principal focus of our work is to promote positive masculinities by engaging and empowering males (boys and men) to unlearn and end violence against women and girls in Uganda and beyond”.
To augment our reach and impact, we work together with both International and Local Gender, Human Rights and Women’s Groups and Allies. We respond to the identified lacuna among various GBV elimination oriented organizations by:
- Organizing small community meetings and workshops, engagement and dialogue with men and boys in the most convenient places and time.
- Utilizing the already existing men and boys groups such as Men’s Fellowships, SACCOs, Evenings gatherings, staff rooms, bus parks, markets, factories, village meetings, mosques, after mass gatherings, etc.
- Registrations of members, signing the pledge or commitment forms, the election of group monitors and coordinators to keep track of members.
- Identifying and recognizing male champions, role models and best practices.
- Creating a network of champions and forming social networks.
- Participating in public GBV campaigns, processions, dialogue, media campaigns, community sensitization,
- Using drama, songs, poems, and testimonies as a tool to campaign against GBV.