Wang-oo offers internships for dynamic, enthusiastic, mature and committed individuals and professionals who are interested in learning from and contributing to Wang-oo’s work. Kindly note that there is no financial support for internships at Wang-oo.
Interest in and/or knowledge and experience of one or more of the following areas
- Gender Studies, Masculinities, Women’s Studies
- Communications (including Writing, Editing, and Visual Media)
- Mobilization and Organizing
- Organizational Capacity Building
- Media and Outreach
- International Development
- Policy, Advocacy, and Law
- Donor Relations and Fundraising
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- International Law, International Relations, Community Development
- Government Systems, Policies, and Advocacy
Qualities and skills that we are looking for include:
- A strong gender-equality and human-rights ethos.
- Fluency in English. Other languages (such as French, Luganda, Luo) are meriting.
- Strong English writing and editing skills.
- Web, software, technical or graphic design skills are meriting
Types of Internships
As a prospective intern, you can apply for a general internship. A general internship application will be assessed in terms of the quality of the specific skills and experience that the candidate offers.
Please note that if we do not reply to your application within 15 working days with an invitation for an interview, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
Individual Unit Internships
Wang-oo is structured into multiple units, each working with a different constituency or audience. Different skills and experience apply to each. The more specific you are with your application, the more likely you will be awarded an internship.
Internships are available in the following units:
- Male Engagement for Positive Masculinities
- Communications and Media Advocacy
- Policy Development and Advocacy
- Research Monitoring and Evaluation
Apply for an Internship
Please complete the application form to apply for an internship.